Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Project one reflection

     Project one seemed like a breeze. I figured I'd be able to knock it out in a night, but when I started I realized it would be more challenging than I originally anticipated. I was grateful that my project one assignment for English 1030 wasn't "how monuments are rhetoric" like some of my hall-mates, because that would have truly led to my ultimate demise. I struggled to accurately express fashion through words in the way that I have grown to value it. To me there is no question that fashion speaks and it's honestly hard for me to understand how anyone could think fashion isn't a form of authorship.

     This presented new challenges for me because I had to take myself out of my shoes and try to pretend that I wasn't convinced fashion is a form of authorship. I had to do this because otherwise my argument wouldn't have been as strong. I definitely know a lot about fashion, it's something that intrigues me and that I've always been interested in so it was pretty difficult to take a step back and remember I might be arguing this topic to someone that isn't very fashion forward or inclined. All in all, once I found my voice and a strong thesis it all came together. I liked the open ended creative concept behind this paper and it definitely resonated well with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment