Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Project 4 topic/project 1 sentences

     For project four, I intend on writing about how genetically modified organisms are harmful to our health and should be outlawed. I am not certain about this topic, but I have watched documentaries, such as Food Inc, that have peaked my interest on the topic. I believe this topic would be enlightening for a majority of people because the fear of the unknown is always intriguing to people. The topic is relevant to this period of time as well and directly affects most everyone's life in America. 

    In project one, my opening sentence was Miuccia Prada once said, "fashion is instant language." As an opening sentence I believe that this quote was perfect for introducing my topic. Overall, it conveyed what the goal of my paper was- to prove that fashion is indeed a form of language. I might change the follow up sentence to be slightly more thought provoking, but overall I'm satisfied with my opening sentence and believe it serves its purpose well. 

    My concluding sentence was "traditional authored works are powerful, but fashion speaks." This statement is somewhat vague and not very powerful to end with. I wish that I would have called the reader to action with a sentence such as "The language of fashion is one that is interpreted by the audience; its power determined by the viewer itself" or "Let fashion come alive by realizing the full potential of fashion as a form of language." I believe these statements are stronger in wrapping up the conclusion and leave the reader with an idea of what I (the author) expect for them to accomplish after reading the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment